*UPDATE - REGISTRATION CLOSED.
Beginners Workshop 2 - $50 per person.
Buying someone a new DSLR camera for Christmas? Or perhaps thinking of getting one yourself? Maybe you've owned one for a while but have not yet dared to go beyond the Auto Mode. This workshop is for you! Come spend a couple of hours with Adam and learn the essentials of how to unlock your camera's potential!
*This workshop is on a first-come-first-serve basis and space is limited.
- Those fairly new to DSLR shooting who want to learn more. If you've been shooting for a long time you're welcome to come but if you're looking for guidance on advanced shooting techniques, I will be offering a course for that at a future date.
What's Covered in the Beginners Workshop:
- All of the different modes on a DSLR camera, what they do and which ones you should be using as a beginner. (Manual mode may not always best.)
- How to get a proper exposure by using the camera's shutter speed, aperture (f/stop) and light sensitivity (ISO). They're not as intimidating as you think. :)
- What is "depth of field" and how to start using it to make your portraits pop.
- How different light scenarios effect a photo and how to choose the best lighting for your photograph.
- RAW formart vs JPG formart and why shooting in RAW is virtually a must.
- Recommendations on cost friendly equipment you can get to make your images instantly look more professional.
- Q&A for anything and everything you would want to ask. This will be a very interactive and open workshop.
What's NOT Covered in the Beginners Workshop:
- Demonstrations on post processing or how to edit your photos. This will be an outdoor active participation class but unfortunately computers won't be going with us. During the event I will be happy to answer any editing technique questions you may have though.
- Off camera flash.
- Landscape photography techniques will not be a focus of this workshop however I will be happy to answer any questions you may have regarding shooting scenery.
What You Need to Participate:
- Just bring your camera and at least one lens. This will be an active participation workshop so you can practice as it moves along.
- As mentioned earlier, this class will not cover editing so you can leave laptops behind.
To signup for this event please fill out the form and we will respond to you within 24 hours with further details and information. Remember space is limited so sign up now to secure your spot!